Our team is thrilled by all the new clients joining the Sonitrol Pacific family; however because we’re growing, we need awesome new people to help deliver the best service and security to our customers. For information on how to apply, visit our Careers page.
Currently open positions:
Portland Journeyman Technician:
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for the installation of all Sonitrol Pacific alarm systems and equipment in accordance with the procedures and standards established by Sonitrol Pacific and all applicable codes.
1. Requires a minimum of a high school education or equivalent. Some electronics schooling preferred.
2. Limited Energy Journeyman’s license or Restricted Energy license preferred. At a minimum, must be enrolled in the state’s apprenticeship program.
3. One year of alarm installation experience preferred.
4. Experience pulling wires for hard-wired electronic equipment preferred.
5. Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
1. Must demonstrate ability to exercise judgment, to use discretion, and to make decisions on own initiative.
2. Must possess average interpersonal skills to communicate with customers and other employees. Must be able to communicate and understand the English language.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to problem solve and trouble shoot in a technically oriented environment. Must have an ability to solve problems with the audio concept in mind.
5. Ability to use basic equipment and power tools (i.e. drills, screwdrivers)
6. Must have a working knowledge of electrical principles.
7. Knowledge of basic construction techniques and materials preferred.
8. Must have average mathematical skills.
9. Must have knowledge of basic construction techniques.
Portland Outside Sales Representative:
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for effectively promoting Sonitrol Pacific service and generating new business for the company on a monthly basis to achieve company’s sales objectives and financial goals.
The Security Consultant’s work situations are relatively regular and recurring in nature. However, the complexity of the system design and equipment requires flexibility and the ability to integrate new and varied information on a continual basis. Although the position operates from established and well known procedures, Security Consultants are responsible for creative problem solving and independently making decisions which affects each customer’s security system. The Security Consultant earns commissions and bonuses and is therefore, primarily responsible for their overall income. Security Consultants must be able to take responsibility for the success or the failure of each sale.
1. Requires a minimum of a high school education or equivalent.
2. A college degree is preferred.
3. A minimum of 1 year of outside, business-to-business sales experience is preferred.
4. A minimum of 1 year of active prospecting and generation of own leads is preferred.
1. Must demonstrate ability to exercise judgement, to use discretion, and to make decisions on own initiative.
2. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to communicate and relate effectively with customers and other employees. Must be able to communicate and understand the English language.
3. Must be persuasive and be able to influence the attitudes and opinions of others.
4. Must be able to listen to and analyze problems and recommend appropriate, sometimes creative, solutions.
5. Must have the ability to sell a service and the audio concept rather than just a product or equipment.
6. Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
7. Must possess average mathematical skills.
8. Must present a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
Puget Sound Schools Account Manager
This full-time position will be based out of the Bellevue office. We are Seeking a professional, motivated Puget Sound School Account Manager who will be responsible for providing Customer Service assistance to our Puget Sound school customers with primary emphasis on performing retention calls. Must be driven, hard working, and able to solve a variety of complex challenges. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to communicate and relate effectively with customers and other employees.
This position involves: (Please note that some of the duties may change)
-Scheduling and performing retention calls on current customers.
-Problem-solving, tracking all concerns, and communicating these to the Appropriate Manager or department.
-Training customers on system usage
-Entering customer information using the ACT! database.
-Following up on incident reports
-Handling current customer sales of adds, moves, changes, additional services and system upgrades
-Participation in trade show events
-Working with building plans and submittals
-Completing special projects as required
-Providing assistance and support as requested by the Director of School Security, Puget Sound region