Thurston County Sheriff Dan Kimball sent out an alert this afternoon to make area residents aware of a string of home burglaries in September and urge vigilance from residents.
Home security tips from the sheriff’s office:
• Leave blinds/curtains open.
• Make your residence appear as if someone is home: either leave a light or television on or use timers.
• Make sure your residence is secured.
• Inform a neighbor if you are going to be away for the night or longer.
• If you have a monitored alarm system, make sure that the alarm company knows how to contact you.
• If your alarm is not monitored and is audible outside make sure your neighbors know how to contact you.
Most all burglaries occur in the late morning to early afternoon hours while homeowners are at work.