By Pamela Singleton, Sonitrol Pacific Director of Communications
Posted January 28, 2009
Did you know most home burglaries occur late morning or early afternoon, in broad daylight, when criminals expect people to be at work?
I just received an alert from the Thurston County Sheriff’s Department concerning another recent string of home burglaries. They stressed the need to implement security measures to protect your home when you are away.
Crime Prevention Tips from the Thurston County Sheriff’s Department:
– Leave blinds/curtains open.
– Make your residence appear as if someone is home: either leave a light or television on or use timers.
– Make sure your residence is secured.
– Inform a neighbor if you are going to be away for the night or longer.
– If you have a monitored alarm system, make sure that the alarm company knows how to contact you.
– If your alarm is not monitored and is audible outside make sure your neighbors know how to contact you.