By Pamela Singleton, Director of Communications
Posted September 29, 2008
Catalytic converters have become an attractive target for thieves, offering a quick, easy source of cash and many cities report an increase of this type of theft during 2008.
The Tacoma News Tribune offers these tips to protect your vehicle from thieves:
– Park in a well-lit area.
– Lock all doors and roll up all windows.
– Activate your alarm system if you have one.
– Park so that someone cannot crawl under the back of your vehicle.
– Back vehicles up near garage doors.
– Engrave your catalytic converter. This will help in identifying it if it’s stolen.